Re: [equinox-dev] Bundle activation and IApplication execution

The Framework only guarantees that the BundleActivator.start() will be called if your bundle declares a "lazy" activation policy.  You define this using the Equinox specific bundle manifest header (Eclipse-LazyStart: true) or the new OSGi R4.1 header (Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy).  The new OSGi R4.1 is only supported in Equinox 3.3 M5 or later.  See http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Lazy_Start_Bundles and http://www2.osgi.org/Design/LazyStart for more information.

Tom

Gavin Bong <eclipsejunkie.20.geekrunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

02/21/2007 05:58 AM

Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Bundle activation and IApplication execution

Context: I have a bundle hosting an RCP application. Inside this bundle, there
is an BundleActivator and an implementation of IApplication
(or IPlatformRunnable).

Does the eclipse runtime guarantee that BundleActivator.start() will be called
first before my IApplication is executed ?

Thanks

Gavin