Re: [equinox-dev] Arguments passed by the new launcher

600 was a time-out value for the splash screen used by the old launcher.  This is no longer used, and the new launcher does not pass it.

Note that during a self host, the launcher executable itself is not used, but rather PDE/UI starts java directly (which will load the launcher shared library for the splash).  It is likely that the self hosting is still passing the 600.

Main should probably consume that argument since the launcher may actually pass a path to the splash screen there that would not be consumed either.   I have raised bug 174793.
-Andrew

Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>

02/20/2007 04:31 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Arguments passed by the new launcher

Hi,
When used with Eclipse 3.3M5 I get the following from the launcher
(running self-hosted from another Eclipse):

-launcher, C:\tools\3.3M5\eclipse\eclipse, -name, Eclipse, 600,
-pdelaunch <my own args>

Where does the 600 come from and what's its significance?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren