From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alex Blewitt
Sent: 16 February 2007 12:00
To: Equinox development mailing list
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] FW: Debugging Equinox bundles (not in Eclipse)

You've probably got

Import-Package: org.osgi.framework

missing from your Manifest. Eclipse 3.2 didn't used to barf at that,
but Eclipse 3.3 does. (It's basically a fixed bug)

Alex.

On 16/02/07, Richard Colvin <rcolvin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm trying to start equinox and one bundle in an IDE (but not Eclipse,
where
> I know the support is built in) using the following code:
>

> public class StartEquinox {

>         try {
>
>             BundleContext bc = EclipseStarter.startup(new
> String[]{"-console"}, null);
>
>             InputStream is = new
> FileInputStream("./myfirstbundle/myfirstbundle.jar");
>
>             bc.installBundle("myfirstbundle ", is).start();
>
>         } catch (Exception e) {
>
>             e.printStackTrace();
>
>         }
>

>     }
>
> }
>

> What I get is a stack trace:
>

> org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator
> com.stentra.myfirstbundle.Activator for bundle
> myfirstbundle is invalid
>
>             at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(
AbstractBundle.java:141)

>             at

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleConte
xtImpl.java:962)