Re: [equinox-dev] Embedding Equinox OSGi and EclipseStarter

Interestingly this exact same situation came up on the Spring OSGi list...

Anyway, Ikuo is going to outline how the Framework Admin stuff can be used to start the first framework as well.  There is some trickiness because you need to somehow "discover" the support for launching the different frameworks.  If you are in OSGi you can look up a service with the right properties.  In plain Java you have to use some antiquated technique.  In all likelihood the one you want to use will depend on the situation so the best Ikuo can likely provide is a couple examples that people can adapt.

Jeff

"Alex Blewitt" <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>

02/13/2007 04:12 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject

On 13/02/07, Jeff McAffer <Jeff_McAffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> not sure if anyone pointed this out...
>
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Equinox_FrameworkAdmin

Interesting (and no, they hadn't) but not quite what I had in mind. I
need to go from 0 to 1 OSGi frameworks, not from 1 to 1+, so having a
bundle to do the launching isn't quite what I'd need, unless there's a
'safe' subset that can run as a Jar as well. Looking through the
documentation the focus does seem to be more running as a bundle
rather than a standalone Jar.

Alex.