Re: [equinox-dev] Re: Embedding Equinox OSGi and EclipseStarter

OSGi now has an Enterprise Expert Group and this certainly something that
can be tackled.

OSGi has a public bugzilla system at http://www2.osgi.org/bugzilla/
It would be great if a bug were opened to capture the various requirements
in this space... :-)

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
hargrave@xxxxxxxxxx

office: +1 386 848 1781
mobile: +1 386 848 3788

Kabe <kabriel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
02/14/2007 04:19 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] Re: Embedding Equinox OSGi and EclipseStarter

This would be a great area for standardization within a future OSGI spec.
Standardization of how you embed, host, and interact with an OSGi
framework etc. I think people are finding this more and more useful and
will be then coming up against the same issues that have been talked about
here a few times lately.

Kabe

On 2/14/07, Steven E. Harris <seh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Equinox has a general hooking mechanism which allows you to hook
> into many different parts of the framework (see
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Adaptor_Hooks).

Wow, this is excellent documentation. Thank you.

> You should be able to do what you describe by implementing the
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.hooks.AdaptorHook interface.

Yes, that one, and perhaps the BundleWatcher interface. I'll try
implementing with these this afternoon and report back how I fare.

--
Steven E. Harris