Re: [equinox-dev] Follow-up on splash-screen questions

Hi Alex,
and thanks! That was very useful information to me. I didn't know it was that bad. We have some JWS stuff going on for Buckminster and is just about now making choices if it should be completely headless or if it should in fact, use a dialog. I guess we know now :-)

Alex Blewitt wrote:
If you start Swing first on a Mac OS X system, you cannot start SWT
afterwards. Java WebStart of an SWT app fails for this reason on Mac
OS X at the moment; the (Apple) JWS code kicks off a Swing dialog,
which then prevents any SWT-based app from running.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top