RE: [equinox-dev] Unregistering resources usingorg.eclipse.equinox.http.registry

This is the "risk" of using the extension point registry. It operates at
the module layer of OSGi which means that resolved bundles contribute
regardless of the start/stop state of the bundle. If the http.registry was
based upon the service layer of OSGi, then the start/stop would factor
into the contribution.

So this effectively falls to the design decision to use the extension
point model for contributions in the http.registry.

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
hargrave@xxxxxxxxxx

office: +1 386 848 3788
mobile: +1 386 848 3788

"Juan M. Wajnerman" <jwajnerman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
02/08/2007 05:26 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: [equinox-dev] Unregistering resources
usingorg.eclipse.equinox.http.registry

Does exist any mechanism to avoid that? Otherwise special care should be
taken specially on servlets.
I understand the HTTP Registry bundle is right now a very simple one, but
I think it should take into account the state of other bundles to
register/unregister the resources.

Thanks!
Juan