[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[equinox-dev] Bundle Granularity?
- From: Craig Setera <craigjunk@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:00:20 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 (Windows/20061207)
I'm wondering if there are any rules of thumb in terms of the
granularity of bundles? What are the advantages and disadvantages of
having fine grained bundles versus coarser grained bundles? For
instance, what is the average cost of a bundle in terms of:
- Memory overhead?
- Classloader lookup times?
- Threads in the system?
- Other overhead?
The positive things I can think of include the ability for the system to
lazily load only the bundles that are actually necessary. What are the
other advantages of finer grained bundles?
Thanks for any insights you can provide.
PS - I'm primarily talking about bundles in the context of the Eclipse
platform rather than at the Equinox framework level.