Re: [equinox-dev] JNDI and OSGI

I'm pretty ignorant of JNDI and stuffs, but simply hearing the word "context class loader" immediatly makes me think about "buddy classloading".
Have you explored that path?
I know it is not "osgi" ratified (at least yet).

PaScaL

"Simon Kaegi" <simon.kaegi@xxxxxxxxx>

01/29/2007 12:51 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] JNDI and OSGI

To add to Neil's comment....

The newsgroup would probably be better for this.

JNDI interaction is tough as (at least in the implementations I've looked
at) it tends to depend on specific instances of the thread context class
loader.
I'm guessing JBoss is going to be pretty standard in this regard in which
case it's NamingManager might be looking for your webapps class loader.

This is not pretty and I'd be interested in seeing if we can come up with a
general solution to the problem however I can suggest an approach if you're
desperate. Before creating your InitialContext and whenever making lookup
calls set (and then reset) your thread context class loader to the webapps.
You can get the webapp classloader in a variety of ways however the easiest
might be to import org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge and then do something
like BridgeServlet.class.getClassLoader().

HTH
-Simon