Re: [equinox-dev] Extension Registry optional import of org.eclipse.core.runtime.jobs

Hi, DJ

Thank you for the comments.

The thing which I try to accomplish is running registry bundle on
Equinox, but without the jobs bundle. I think for 3.2.1 this is
impossible, because there is no logic which uses RegistryStrategyOSGI
class and don't rely on jobs (I'm looking in the code). But I need a
confirmation for this.

The other point in my previous message was about the current state of
the registry. I just think that it should be possible to use
PlatformAdmin without using org.eclipse.core.runtime.jobs. Currently I
think this too isn't possible without touching the code.

I just found that the org.eclipse.osgi.service.resolver import of
registry isn't optional. Who  provides this package in standard container?

Maybe I was not clear enough in my message and I apologize for this.
Hope this will clarify the things more.

Danail Nachev