Re: [equinox-dev] Class load hook and classloaders

Craig,

I have the same questions that Tom posted to the newsgroup (which I don't usually follow). It seems to me that your problems lie with you use of OSGi rather than with byte-code instrumentation. Ask yourself how your bundles would communicate if the modifications had been made by hand, perhaps to the source code for the instrumented bundle, rather than dynamically with the class load hook.

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>

12/01/2007 18:19

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] Class load hook and classloaders

I replied to the post on the newsgroup.  It would be helpful if one of the AspectJ experts could take a look at my response and add more information on how the AspectJ Equinox incubator project is doing this.

Tom

Craig Setera <craigjunk@xxxxxxxxxx>

01/12/2007 10:03 AM

Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Class load hook and classloaders

I hate to come to the developers list with this question, but I'm not
seeing any response on the newsgroup.  Can anyone shed any light on my
issue with the class load hook and bundle classloaders?  My original
question is available here.

http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=2584&group=eclipse.technology.equinox#2584

Thanks,
Craig