Re: [equinox-dev] Commons logging madness

On Thursday 21 December 2006 14:00, Peter Neubauer wrote:
> Hal,
> at OPS4J we came across the same logging mess, so I would recommend to
> take a look at Pax Logging:
> http://wiki.ops4j.org/confluence/display/ops4j/Pax+Logging

Pax Logging essentially tries to provide the Commons Logging API (and slf4j,
log4j, jdk logging and other APIs) for bundles to use without modification,
whilst using Log4J driving the logging implementation.

Pax Logging also tries to provide the logging APIs in a manner that allows the
Pax Logging Service to be reloaded (bug fixes for instance) on the fly
without stopping all the bundles. Each API is in its own bundle (which might
be overkill).

Pax Logging also uses the Config Admin Service to receive the Log4J
configuration. Pax Logging is not yet OSGi Logging compliant, but that is a
goal.

Cheers
Niclas

Back to the top