RE: [equinox-dev] How to use Extension bundles in equinox

Ok. I'll open an enhnacement request for this.
From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff McAffer
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:36 PM
To: Equinox development mailing list
Subject: RE: [equinox-dev] How to use Extension bundles in equinox

Seems like it would be interesting.  Of course, there would be various clean up problems etc but it certainly seems possible.

Jeff

"Kaegi, Simon" <Simon.Kaegi@xxxxxxxxxx>

11/28/2006 12:21 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
RE: [equinox-dev] How to use Extension bundles in equinox

The spec is pretty clear on terminating the VM in these situations however this can cause problems when embedding Equinox in another process.
I can't really see a way around this for bootclasspath extensions however for framework extensions I think we could just discard the framework class loader and re-start the whole launching process without exiting the VM. This might not be appropriate in all cases as there still would be potential for there to be global state hanging around however I'm a bit curious. Is this worth looking into in?

-Simon