[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [equinox-dev] how to launch another fw instance in the same jvm
- From: "Kaegi, Simon" <Simon.Kaegi@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:03:48 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Importance: normal
- Priority: normal
- Thread-index: AccSGDE3c2+c/4tlRGCUl6UYiIOt1gA8ryEQ
- Thread-topic: [equinox-dev] how to launch another fw instance in the same jvm
I don't know if there's an example of a bundle that launches another
instance of Equinox readily available, however the FrameworkLauncher in
the servletbridge might be a good place to get some ideas.
A few things to think about...
1) Try to isolate the class loader you're using to launch the new
instance from the bundle doing the launching.
2) Make sure osgi.framework.useSystemProperties=false is set to help
prevent system property collisions with the already started framework.
3) If you need to do more than just manage the instances lifecycle,
start thinking about how you're going to interact/communicate with the
newly launched instance. For interacting I like using Framework
extension bundles however you might in some cases want to interact with
the BundleContext (with a healthy does of reflection) returned from
> -----Original Message-----
> From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ikuo Yamasaki
> Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 10:20 AM
> To: equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [equinox-dev] how to launch another fw instance in
> the same jvm
> I'd like to know how a bundle on a framework launches another
> framework instance in the same Java VM in equinox.
> If there is any information I can get, it would be very
> appreciated (e.g.
> examples of bundle implementation which implements it, tips
> for it, etc...)
> Best regards,
> Ikuo YAMASAKI
> equinox-dev mailing list
This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open any attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you have done so. Thank you.