Re: [equinox-dev] Generalized OSGi transformations

What I'm thinking of is a 100% optional hook on top of the equinox default adapter.

On Nov 15, 2006, at 9:56 AM, Jim Colson wrote:

How would this apply to, say, J2ME or the OSGi Minimum Execution
Environment or eRCP?

As I mentioned in another email, we need to be careful not to bloat OSGi
(and Equinox) such that its wide aperature of applicability and
corresponding nimble deployment get lost.

________________________________________ Jim Colson, Chief Architect - IBM Client Software Distinguished Engineer IBM Academy of Technology Board Member - IT Architect Certification

11501 Burnet Rd. Austin, TX 78758
Ph 512-823-7357, Fax 512-838-0962
email: jccolson@xxxxxxxxxx

Admin:  Christine Willis 512-838-3667
email:  Christine_Willis@xxxxxxxxxx

Kimberly Horne
<kim@xxxxxxxxxxxx
m> To
Sent by: Equinox development mailing list
equinox-dev-bounc <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
es@xxxxxxxxxxx cc

Subject
11/14/2006 03:02 [equinox-dev] Generalized OSGi
PM transformations

I've begun to outline a possible generalized OSGi transformation solution at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Product_Customization. It's a bit skeletal at the moment but should be much more readable in the next day or so. I'd be interested in input from any interested parties, particularly those developing the Aspect J service. I've been looking at the Aspect code a lot for inspiration and I think that the current Aspect code could be migrated to a generalized solution pretty easily. _______________________________________________ equinox-dev mailing list equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/equinox-dev