Re: [equinox-dev] Finding Class Files

Kirby,

Why not create executable extensions with the extension registry instead of search for the class files your self.  Also, if you at least know the class name then you can use Bundle.loadClass to get the class object.  There must be an easier way to do this than looking for the class file yourself in the bundle.

Below is an answer to your question, but I hope you don't have to do this :-)

You could read in the same properties file that DevClassPathHelper does in the framework to determine the output folders that are added to the classpath during PDE launch.  The system property "osgi.dev" is used to specify a URL to a properties file that contains development classpath additions.  See http://help.eclipse.org/help32/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/runtime-options.html#osgidev

Note that inner jars on the bundle classpath will give you some headaches when running a bundle that is not in your workspace.  You will have to extract the inner jar and use a ZipFile your self to find the class file entries.  You can use Bundle.getEntry to get a URL to the inner jar but then you will have to use FileLocator.toFileURL to extract the jar to the local file system or to locate the jar if it is already on the local file system.

Tom

"Kirby Bohling" <computerslicer23@xxxxxxxxxxx>

10/20/2006 06:49 PM

Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Finding Class Files

All,

  I'm writting a regression test application similar to "org.eclipse.test"
that uses extension points to register the test suites for a plug-in to run.
 I currently use gsbase to walk directory trees and use reflection to
construct the Class object for the file, and then look for anything that
implements the JUnit "Test" interface (it's more complex but that's the
pertinate details).

  When the plug-ins are exported, I should be able to use the appropriate
"getClasspath()" and "getEntry" methods to find and access the files
(special casing the "." and empty cases I believe).

  I can use Bundle.findEntries(), while running inside the IDE, but then I
have to code or guess at the directory the code was output to.  Unless I
export ".project", or ".classpath", I don't appear to have access to those
files.  I was wondering if there was some way to be able to determine the
output directories for a given Bundle when running from within the IDE.

  I believe if I had access to the ClasspathManager I could get access to
the ClassPathEntries, but I can't find a way to access the ClasspathManager
short of calling a protected or private function on various Bundle,
BundleData, or BundleLoader classes.

     Thanks,
          Kirby