Re: [equinox-dev] Beginner question

Hi Haber,
Are you asking about using extension registry in general or finding a specific extension point?

- If you would like to use "an" extension registry: it is supplied by the org.eclipse.equinox.registry. Make sure this plugin is included in your launch configuration

- If you would like to use "the" Eclipse extension registry in a small application:  for a simple solution, see the Headless Hello RCP template in the New Project wizard

- If you are looking for a specific extension point:
   1) Extension points are contributed by bundles. In most cases, id of an extension point begins with the symbolic Id of the bundle. For example, if you are looking for an extension point "org.abc.GreatPoint", chances are that it is supplied by the bundle "org.abc". Make sure that such bundle is in your launch configuration and resolves without problems.
   2) Extension registry is the place that processes extension points. Make sure that you have org.eclipse.equinox.registry plugin in you launch configuration.

To see the actual list of bundles, in your launch configuration add "-console" into program arguments; once in debug, type "ss" in your console.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Oleg Besedin

Háber János <boci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

10/19/2006 05:15 PM

Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Beginner question

Hi!

I'm new in equinox (but I already developed eclipse plugin). I created a
simple plugin targeted to equinox. (equinox boundles, SDK etc. installed).
But I can't use the equinox boundles extension points, because it's not
provided. What I miss? Or it's only work in normal eclipse plugins?

Cow