Re: [equinox-dev] OSGi and Security

John,

This question is better asked in osgi-dev. So I will address it over
there.

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
hargrave@xxxxxxxxxx
Office: +1 407 849 9117 Mobile: +1 386 848 3788

"John Wells" <jwells@xxxxxxx>
08/29/2006 01:22 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
[equinox-dev] OSGi and Security

I want to allow only specific bundles to offer particular services.  For
example, suppose I have a service "com.acme.Foo" that I want to be sure is
only available from one of three particular signed bundles.

How can I do this with the OSGi Security (either Conditional (chapter 9)
or not (chapter 10))?

The trouble with this, of course, is that I want all other bundles to be
allowed to REGISTER any other services without having any knowledge of
what those services might be beforehand (and without having to force them
to explicitly allow for any service they might want to offer in their
security files).

So, the question is whether or not I can somehow set up a condition that
allows me to specify that particular services can only come from
particular bundles without having to then explicitly allow specific
services from all other bundles.

Thanks in advance for your help!

John Wells (Aziz)
jwells@bea.comNOSPAM