Re: [equinox-dev] OSGI Bundles: alternate manifest.mf location

Hi,

On 7/8/06, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OTOH, don't listen to me, because I don't use Eclipse :o) Instead, I let my
Maven system build the Manifest.mf and place that into the META-INF/ (where
PDE expects) it instead, for the developers in my group who still prefers
Eclipse.
That means that
- the PDE is a slave to the CLI build system (in this case M2)

- when the buidl is broken, you can do nothing in Eclipse until you
have a building system again, fixing errors with Kate/Notepad, which
sux and locks the PDE to a classic build system operating on .jars and
not packages. Too much of a default contraint IMHO.

- we are not using the powerful built in dep resolution of OSGi,
instead an artificial plugin in M2 or any other build system. Running
on top of an OSGi system is IMHO the best feature of the PDE as a
development/build system.

I would preferr to extend the concept of the Manifest with extension
points, hooks or even just a logical structure in order to be able to
e.g. contribute it via a background M2 builder, a separate eclipse
plugin, or a Manifest.mf at any location in the workspace or at an
external URL.

/peter

Back to the top