Re: [equinox-dev] Integrating with an external build system (Ant, Maven, etc.)

On Saturday 10 June 2006 20:08, Alex Blewitt wrote:
> There's nothing in Maven2 that is
> plugin aware; so you'll have to sync the project dependencies with the
> manifest yourself.

Well, Maven2 itself is pretty useless for everything. It can't even compile a
Java file. Everything is doen with Maven2 plugins, and it just happens that
there are Maven2 plugins for developing OSGi bundles.

The 'original' is in the Apache Felix project (although I have forked my own)
and is capable of recursively inspect all classes for uses and generates the
manifest, without any original.

There has been some debate whether the Maven plugin imports packages needed
too aggressively or not, and for that and other reasons you can instruct it
to exclude packages as well (or declare the inclusion manually).

I have tried to set up the Eclipse PDE headless build once, and gave up. It
seemed too complicated to figure out why it didn't work, and as I belong in
the group of "give me the house builidng tools, not the house" category, I am
dissatisfied when the "magic" doesn't work and one can't easily follow the
trace of where things went wrong and why.

Cheers
Niclas

Back to the top