[equinox-dev] NoClassDefFoundError in Equinox servlet container

I'm having an interesting problem with the Equinox servlet container in Tomcat.

When attempting to access a class that exists in an imported package (exported from a different bundle), I receive a NoClassDefFoundError.  However, the oddity is, when I attempt to access a final static field within that class, it returns the value of the field without a problem.  I do not encounter this error when running in Equinox directly from within Eclipse.

I saw a post on the newsgroup that seemed to have a similar problem, but was never answered definitively.

Here is a full stack trace of the error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/ohf/ihe/xds/consumer/Consumer
    org.eclipse.ohf.bridge.test2.ConsumerServlet.doGet(ConsumerServlet.java:29)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
    org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(ServletManager.java:123)
    org.eclipse.equinox.servlet.bridge.http.internal.ServletRegistration.handleRequest(ServletRegistration.java :57)
    org.eclipse.equinox.servlet.bridge.http.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:74)
    org.eclipse.equinox.servlet.bridge.http.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:56)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service (HttpServlet.java:802)
    org.eclipse.equinox.servlet.bridge.launcher.BridgeServlet.service(BridgeServlet.java:95)

This is when attempting to invoke as a servlet.  A similar error is produced (also falling back to NoClassDefFoundError) when attempting to invoke using an activator.

I'm using Eclipse 3.2RC7 and Tomcat 5.5.17.

Thanks,
Matt

Back to the top