Re: [equinox-dev] Declarative component services support

just to be clear, the Equinox DS implementation does work.  It is after all the spec reference implementation.  However, as Tom pointed out, there are some threading and performance issues.  So, if you have something that is not working and you've sorted through the configuration/setup details, please enter bug reports in Eclipse/Equinox/Bundles.

Jeff

Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>

06/08/2006 09:31 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] Declarative component services support

Hi Ravi,

We are investigating what it will take to make declarative services ready for 3.3, but the 3.3 plan has not be done yet.  The DS implementation currently has a few issues (related to performance and threading problems).

When you tried the hello.component.log example did you make sure the org.eclipse.equinox.ds bundle was installed and active?  If you think everything is setup correctly then I recommend you open a bug describing how to reproduce.

Thanks.

Tom

Ravindar Reddy <rroopreddy@xxxxxxxxx>

06/07/2006 11:07 PM

Please respond to
Ravindar Reddy <rroopreddy@xxxxxxxxx>; Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Declarative component services support

What is the state of declarative services (org.eclipse.equinox.ds) support? Tried "hello.component.log" from  "eclipsecon06 - tutorial" without much success. I see the bundle getting started but does not show the service that is specified declaratively

Thanks,
-Ravi