Re: [equinox-dev] Bundles with start level 7 are not started

There are two options you can set in your config.ini to control startlevel (osgi.startLevel and osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel)

osgi.startLevel - this is the startlevel value the framework will be set to, it defaults to 6.
osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel - this is the startlevel that all bundles will be set to if installed by update.configurator.  Bundles which are specified on the osgi.bundles list can specify a particular startlevel.  If they do not specify a startlevel then they default the value of osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel

For example:

osgi.bundles=
 org.eclipse.equinox.common@2:start,
 org.eclipse.update.configurator@3:start,
 org.eclipse.core.runtime@start

osgi.startLevel=100
osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel=20

The following bundle will be true:

- org.eclipse.equinox.common will start at startlevel 2 (specified by @2:start)
- org.eclipse.update.configurator will start at startlevel 3 (specified by @3:start)
- org.eclipse.core.runtime will start at startlevel 20 (the osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel value because it did not specify a startlevel)
- All bundles installed by org.eclipse.update.configurator can start at startlevel 20, the osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel value.
- the framework startlevel will get set to 100.

Tom

"Matthias Küspert" <mkuespert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

06/07/2006 03:12 PM

Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Bundles with start level 7 are not started

Hi,

If I set the start level for a bundle to 7 or above, the bundle is not started when running my launch config. However, if I increase the startlevel manually with setfwsl it works fine.

Since we are planning a large system we propably need more start levels that 6.

Is there any way to tell Equinox to go up to a higher level?

TIA,

equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx