Re: [equinox-dev] Wrapping a Bundle to create a classloader

You should override loadClass and getResource instead of the findClass and findResource methods from ClassLoader.

This will prevent the extra boot classloader lookup which the default ClassLoader implementation does when the parent is null.  Unfortunately the getResources (plural) method is final (at least in JRE 1.4.2, I know sun was considering changing this in the future).  This means that you may get duplicate resources because the boot classpath will get asked twice to load the resource you are looking for.  Once from Bundle.getResources and once from the default implementation of ClassLoader.getResources.

Tom

"Kaegi, Simon" <Simon.Kaegi@xxxxxxxxxx>

06/07/2006 11:48 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Wrapping a Bundle to create a classloader

Hi,

I was about to craft my own implementation here, but I figure this has probably been done many times before and bound to be some subtle problems
Can anyone point me at an example.

--
...or is it really as simple as:

import java.io.IOException;
import java.net.URL;
import java.util.Enumeration;

import org.osgi.framework.Bundle;

public class BundleProxyClassLoader extends ClassLoader {

 private Bundle bundle;

 public BundleProxyClassLoader(Bundle bundle) {
    this.bundle = bundle;
}

 public URL findResource(String name) {
    return bundle.getResource(name);
}

 public Enumeration findResources(String name) throws IOException {
    return bundle.getResources(name);
}

 public Class findClass(String name) throws ClassNotFoundException {
    return bundle.loadClass(name);
}
}

-Simon

     This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open any attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you have done so.  Thank you. _______________________________________________
equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx