SV: [equinox-dev] JSP support in the servlet bridge incubator project

Hi,

________________________________

Från: Harald Niesche [mailto:harald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>> The manifest for the
>> org.eclipse.equinox.servlet.bridge.extensionbundle was also modified to
>> filter the javax.servlet.jsp classes down from the running webcontainer.

>Does this mean that you are exposing the servlet api through the
>org.eclipse.equinox.servlet.bridge.extensionbundle bundle?

>If yes, wouldn't it make more sense to expose them through the
>org.eclipse.equinox.servlet.bridge.http bundle?

Mmmh, I would preferr not to expose commonly used APIs through other bundles. Why not instead make a library bundle exposing just the servlet api and nothign else, importing all dependencieas, so one can swap out just this bundle to get another API version, if not everyone explicitely states the API version in the imports?

/peter