Re: [equinox-dev] Status of JAAS framework for Equinox/Eclipse

hi Jay

that's sad. And also very vague. Do you have a time frame?
Is there anything that anyone else can do to help you
move it along?

Grahame

Jay Rosenthal wrote:
At EclispeCon Matt Flaherty and myself talk to many of you about using JAAS as the authentication mechanism for Eclipse RCP applications.

I'm sorry to report that our contribution of a generalized JAAS framework for Equinox/Eclipse will not be available with Eclipse 3.2. We are still working to make this contribution for a future release.

Jay R. IBM Software Group Workplace, Portal and Collaboration Software Workplace Managed Client, Security "Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - Hunter, Garcia