RE: [equinox-dev] JUnit tests

Hi Arjun,
I think that the problem occurs as you are trying to use together Eclipse 3.1.2 plugis from your target (e.g., org.eclipse.core.runtime) and Eclipse 3.2 plugins from your workspace. It is probably possible to make it work by selecting a right set of pluging and a proper launch configuration, but much easier way would be to either:

a) Use a recent integration build (or 3.2M6 should be close enough) as a development environment and check out plugis from CVS head. This way both sets of plugins will be from Eclipse 3.2.

b) Use Eclipse 3.1.2 and checkout plugins from branches or version. The version for 3.1.2 is "R3_1_2". This way both sets of plugins will be from 3.1.2.

(I just tried it and it seems to work for me.)

Thanks,
Oleg

"Arjun Singh" <aasingh@xxxxxxxxx>

04/10/2006 01:11 PM

Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list

cc
Subject
RE: [equinox-dev] JUnit tests

Hi again,

I have more specific information now.  I try to run one of the test files, for example MovableConfigurationAreaTest.java, as a JUnit Plug-in test.  I am using Eclipse 3.1.2.  In the run configuration window, under the plugins tab, I have all of the workspace plugins selected, and all of the external plugins selected except for org.eclipse.osgi (since I want to use the one in my workspace).  The workspace plugins are the following:

org.eclipse.core.contenttype
org.eclipse.core.jobs
org.eclipse.core.tests.harness
org.eclipse.equinox.common
org.eclipse.equinox.preferences
org.eclipse.equinox.registry
org.eclipse.osgi
org.eclipse.osgi.tests
org.eclipse.test.performance

Under the main tab of the run configuration window, I have tried to run the test as a product (I’ve tried both org.eclipse.sdk.ide  org.eclipse.platform.ide).  When I try to run the test, I get a message that pops up saying that the configuration could not be launched.  At the bottom of the log file, I see the following:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2006-04-10 09:59:09.484
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.1.2.jar/ [1] is not active.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2006-04-10 09:59:09.484
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.update.configurator_3.1.0.jar/ [2] is not active.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2006-04-10 09:59:09.500
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service.
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:65)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:169)
            at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
            at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
            at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
            at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)

It really seems like this is a run configuration error.  Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?  Are there specific program arguments that I need to include to make the test run correctly?

Thanks,
Arjun