Re: [equinox-dev] Autostarting required plugins

I think equinox should support to custom the start sequence of bundle just use mainfest.mf.

When lazy start bundle,can equinox start the dependency service of the bundle automotic?

2006/2/14, Benjamin Schmaus <benjamin.schmaus@xxxxxxxxx>:
> The Eclipse LazyStart capabiliyt only starts bundles when they are first "accessed" (ie..,
> when someone tries to load a class from them).

Thanks for pointing that out.  I just realized that "Eclipse-AutoStart" and "Eclipse-LazyStart" are actually synonyms for the same bundle manifest header and that the latter is preferred.  Previously, I was under the impression that these two headers served different purposes.

I guess this would be a reasonable place and time to clarify my own thinking on bootstrapping a headless Equinox application.

Based on my current understanding of Equinox, the "org.eclipse.update.configurator" bundle can be used to automatically install bundles but some other mechanism must be used to actually start these installed bundles.

The "other mechanism" mentioned above could be, for example, a bundle that is manually installed and started via the "osgi.bundles" property used to launch the framework.  This bundle could register itself as a BundleListener and automatically start other bundles upon receiving bundle RESOLVED events.  Does this sound like a reasonable approach?

Are there any documented best practices/approaches for bootstrapping headless Equinox apps?

Thanks,
Ben