Re: [equinox-dev] Developing a standalone application using equinox

have you tried this?

    http://www.google.com/search?q=eclipse+headless

Chris

On 2/13/06, Abhishek Verma <abhishekv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I intend to use OSGI to develop an application based on plugins. I will
be developing my own plugins for the application which is non-GUI.

I decided to use the Equinox implementation of eclipse since I also
intend to use the extension point feature as provided by eclipse. I want
to run this application standalone, i.e., without using the eclipse
workbench/ide. I just want to run this app from the command prompt such
that some basic plugins automatically start when the application gets
started and others get started as and when required. I also intend to
use the automatic plugin discovery model of eclipse. So, I might have to
use the eclipse runtime jar.

I tried searching online, but there isn't much help available to get me
started with a standalone application using equinox. Could someone out
here help me out with this or direct me someplace where I can solicit
help in this regard.

Thanks in advance.
Abhishek Verma