Re: [equinox-dev] Compile errors in org.eclipse.equinox.ds / Using org.eclipse.equinox.useradmin

1) supplement is a work in progress and is likely incomplete.  You do not need is loaded or in the target at all unless you are trying run without Equinox (e.g., in another OSGi or without OSGi at all).  By the time we do the 3.2 release this should be resolved.

2) Check out the new versions of the plugins in integration build next week.  There has been quite a bit of clean up.

Jeff

"Ron Baldwin" <Ron.Baldwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

02/03/2006 12:55 PM

Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list

cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Compile errors in org.eclipse.equinox.ds / Using        org.eclipse.equinox.useradmin

Hi,

Couple of questions:

1. The org.eclipse.equinox.ds project randomly gets compile errors
depending on where it decides to get the org.eclipse.osgi.util package.
This is because both org.eclipse.equinox.supplement and org.eclipse.osgi
export the util package but one has ManifestElement and the other
doesn't.  Is it supposed to be this way, or should I log this as a bug?

2. org.eclipse.equinox.useradmin requires
org.eclipse.equinox.preferences which requires org.eclipse.equinox
registry.  It looks like registry wants to use org.eclipse.core.runtime,
org.eclipse.core.jobs, and org.eclipse.core.contenttype (even though the
"Validate Plug-in Set" doesn't tell you this).  Can useradmin be used
without pulling in these non-OSGi plug-ins, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Ron