From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roy Paterson
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:49 AM
To: Equinox development mailing list
Subject: RE: [equinox-dev] Trying to use DS

Launch with -console and examine the system bundle (type 'bundle 0').  It should say:

osgi> bundle 0
System Bundle [0]
  Id=0, Status=ACTIVE
  Registered Services
    {org.osgi.service.packageadmin.PackageAdmin}={service.ranking=2147483647, service.pid=0.org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl, service.vendor=Eclipse.org, service.id=1}
    {org.osgi.service.startlevel.StartLevel}={service.ranking=2147483647, service.pid=0.org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager, service.vendor=Eclipse.org, service.id=2}
    {javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory}={service.id=3}

... and many more lines.

Roy

Roy Paterson
IBM Pervasive Computing
Austin, TX
Phone: (512) 838-8898

"John Wells" <jwells@xxxxxxx>

01/26/2006 10:40 AM

Please respond to

cc

Subject

RE: [equinox-dev] Trying to use DS

$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

Could I install an XML parser service to get around this?  How can I fix this problem?

John Wells (Aziz)
jwells@bea.comNOSPAM