Re: [equinox-dev] Trying to use DS

DS uses CM if it is available but does not require it.  It does require the api package, but you can get that from the org.eclipse.osgi.services plugin.  Likewise the org.eclipse.osgi.services plugin includes org.osgi.services.component, which is the DS api package.

Regards,
Roy

Roy Paterson
IBM Pervasive Computing
Austin, TX
Phone: (512) 838-8898

"John Wells" <jwells@xxxxxxx>

01/26/2006 10:09 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Trying to use DS

I am trying to use DS.  I ran into some trouble:

First, it wouldn’t start because it was looking for the configuration manager import package.  Since Equinox will not be providing that service, I used a bundle from knopflerfish in order to get the CM service.  Then it would not activate due to this:

Error starting bundle: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not
be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: org.osgi.service.compon
ent; version="0.0.0"

Where am I supposed to be getting that from?

John Wells (Aziz)
jwells@bea.comNOSPAM