[equinox-dev] Next Specification Question (IP)

John Wells (Aziz)
jwells@bea.comNOSPAM
In the Inintial Provisioning specification it says that the "Service
Platform Identifier" must be appended to the initial URL.  However,
there is no explicit definition of what a "Service Platform Identifier"
actually is.  The specification should be more clear about which of the
following things it means:

1.  The Service Platform Identifier is a framework implementation
defined string
2.  The Service Platform Identifier is XYZ.  Where XYZ is a mechanism
whereby the Service Platform Identifier can be created.

My problem is that *if* the SPID is #1 above, then I cannot write an IP
bundle that works on any framework.  I will at least have to have
special code depending on which framework I am running on.  And if
*should be* #2, then there is nothing in either the core or compendium
specifications that gives me a clue about how to construct the PID.

And, also, BTW, anyone have an idea of how I can generate a SPID in
Equinox?

John Wells (Aziz)
jwells@bea.comNOSPAM

Back to the top