----- Forwarded by John
Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM on 12/12/2005 01:58 PM -----
Wassim Melhem/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/12/2005 11:11 PM
Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list."
plug-ins and Javadoc attachments
In the Eclipse SDK, javadoc for Eclipse APIs are shipped
1. org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv contains javadoc for
2. org.eclipse.jdt.doc.isv contains javadoc for the
3. org.eclipse.pde.doc.user contains javadoc for the
As of 3.2M1, PDE introduced the org.eclipse.pde.core.javadoc extension
point to map plug-ins to javadoc locations.
As a result, you now get javadoc attachment to libraries for free via the
PDE container on plug-in projects.
Since 3.2M1, we have seen an increase in the number of plug-ins in the
so please keep the following in mind:
1. If your plug-in was born post-3.2M1 and it contributes API, eg. the
Runtime/Equinox quintuplets, org.eclipse.core.filesytem,
please go to your local documentation plug-in as described above
update the org.eclipse.pde.core.javadoc extension to include your new
2. If your plug-in was born post-3.2M1 and it does not contribute API,
no action is necessary.
3. If your plug-in existed pre-3.2M1, then no action is necessary. All
plug-ins in this category have already been accounted for in the
appropriate documentation plug-in.
platform-releng-dev mailing list