From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Enrique Rodriguez
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 11:34 AM
To: Equinox development mailing list
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] OSGi for Server-side...

+1

Enrique

Pascal Rapicault wrote:
+1

*Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>*

10/24/2005 11:13 AM
Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list

cc

Subject
	Re: [equinox-dev] OSGi for Server-side...

+1

I have seen a lot of interest in this area and there are various enhancement bugs already in progress in this area. It
would be helpful
to start an incubator to flush out all the details and
build a community
to provide feedback and test out the ideas we have.

Do you have an idea of what projects would be included in this incubator? (org.eclipse.osgi, org.eclipse.core.runtime etc.)

I'm familiar with the issues Simon is talking about for the
server side,
but it may be helpful to provide list the issues or at
least post the
existing bugs related to this area.  Thanks.

Tom

*"Kaegi, Simon" <Simon.Kaegi@xxxxxxxxxx>*

10/24/2005 09:57 AM
Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list

cc

Subject
	[equinox-dev] OSGi for Server-side...

Hi all,

I'd like to suggest that we create an incubator to hold
current work for
embedding Equinox/Eclipse in server-side environments. The current process of getting a series of slightly out of date patches
and applying
them to the HEAD is error-prone and impedes further
improvement. What
I'd like to see is something approaching a ready made
environment where
developer's can dig into the integration issues.

At this stage I'm just trying to gauge interest. What do you think?

-Simon

This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error or
are not the
intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disseminate or
distribute it;
do not open any attachments, delete it immediately from
your system and
notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you have done so.
 Thank you.