Re: [equinox-dev] CVS module questions

Pascal Rapicault wrote:

EclipseStarter is in org.eclipse.osgi and Main is in org.eclipse.platform.
What are you looking for?

I have a bunch of plain-old OSGi bundles that work fine with the Oscar and Eclipse OSGi containers. I am in the process of moving from the manual install of bundles on the console prompt to something I can ship with an installer.

I only really need the OSGi runtime, but I am trying to determine what I can reuse from the startup.jar and config.ini infrastructure. My problem is that as soon as I mess with the 'osgi.bundles' setting, I start to generate a variety of exceptions related to improper setting of the eclipse.product and probably other related settings. Looks like I need to generate or configure a 'product' or 'application'. I attached an error, below.

I asked about the location of the EclipseStarter and Main so I could dig into how the Eclipse infrastructure above the OSGi runtime works.

-enrique

bash-2.05b# more configuration/1110007610126.log
!SESSION Mar 05, 2005 02:26:50.711 ---------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=I200406251208
java.version=1.4.2_05
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime Mar 05, 2005 02:26:50.712
!MESSAGE Product org.eclipse.platform.ide could not be found.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi Mar 05, 2005 02:26:50.734
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:313) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:273) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:129)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:183)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:644)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:628)

PaScaL

*Enrique Rodriguez <erodriguez@xxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/04/05 03:59 PM
Please respond to
equinox-dev

	equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
	[equinox-dev] CVS module questions

1)  Which CVS module has the
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter class?

2)  Which CVS module has the org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main?

-enrique