Re: [equinox-dev] Eclipse installer

The way to think of this is that the config.ini file is setting a mess of System properties.  You can put whatever you want in there.   Check out
        http://help.eclipse.org/help30/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/runtime-options.html
for more information on the system properties we care about.

Note that really startup.jar does two things, create a class loader to load the framework and setup some System properties.  If you want your own main (or to run Eclipse from your program) you don't have to do the classloader work (as long as the framework is on the app classpath) and setting the system properties is pretty easy.

Jeff

Enrique Rodriguez <erodriguez@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/15/2005 08:56 AM

Please respond to
equinox-dev

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Eclipse installer

Hi,

I am looking for help, examples, or a tutorial on shipping an
installable application with the Eclipse OSGi runtime.  For example, say
I have a suite of bundles (a store, a service that uses that store, and
a UI that uses the service) that I would like to package up with the
Eclipse OSGi runtime and make as friendly as possible to install.

With the Oscar container, for example, I can write a main class in which
I set a bunch of properties (in code or a properties file) that state
the bundles and startlevels and then instantiate a new Oscar.

{code}
System.setProperty( "oscar.profile.name", profile );
System.setProperty( "oscar.cache.profile", profile );
System.setProperty( "oscar.system.properties", systemProps );
System.setProperty( "oscar.bundle.properties", bundleProps );
System.setProperty( "oscar.strict.osgi","false" );
System.setProperty( "oscar.embedded.execution", "true" );

Oscar main = new Oscar();
{code}

How can I do this with Eclipse?

-enrique