Re: [equinox-dev] Eclipse installer

For our OSGi, take a look at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.

The bundles automatically installed and started are specified by the system property
  osgi.bundles = jarName[@<startLevel>[:start]]
for an example see the configuration/config.ini shipped with eclipse.

Note that if you want to reuse startup.jar you can then reuse the config.ini file I was mentionning before.

HTH,

PaScaL

Enrique Rodriguez <erodriguez@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/15/2005 08:56 AM

Please respond to
equinox-dev

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Eclipse installer

Hi,

I am looking for help, examples, or a tutorial on shipping an
installable application with the Eclipse OSGi runtime.  For example, say
I have a suite of bundles (a store, a service that uses that store, and
a UI that uses the service) that I would like to package up with the
Eclipse OSGi runtime and make as friendly as possible to install.

With the Oscar container, for example, I can write a main class in which
I set a bunch of properties (in code or a properties file) that state
the bundles and startlevels and then instantiate a new Oscar.

{code}
System.setProperty( "oscar.profile.name", profile );
System.setProperty( "oscar.cache.profile", profile );
System.setProperty( "oscar.system.properties", systemProps );
System.setProperty( "oscar.bundle.properties", bundleProps );
System.setProperty( "oscar.strict.osgi","false" );
System.setProperty( "oscar.embedded.execution", "true" );

Oscar main = new Oscar();
{code}

How can I do this with Eclipse?

-enrique