Re[2]: [equinox-dev] Re: RCP, OSGi and all that

OSGi releases must be backward compatible, so as long as developers
stick to R3 features everything should work fine.

It is mandatory in OSGi that unrecognized headers are ignored.

The problem I see is that Eclipse is based on OSGi but does not (yet?)
provide a very OSGi oriented programming model. As with any large
system, it is not realistic to expect that a bundle that uses features
from the Eclipse environment will run unchanged on Knopflerfish.
However, most bundles that are written with this in mind, will run on
both. Actually, it is very likely that most Knopflerfish, or OSCAR,
bundles work perfectly in Eclipse.

Kind regards,

     Peter Kriens