[equinox-dev] running the tests before releasing

This is a reminder to please run all the tests before releasing code to
HEAD. In the past couple of days code has been released which has surfaced
(easily reproducable) errors in downstream test suites. I realize that it
is unreasonable to ask that all the tests be run for all components, but we
should be running the OSGi, Runtime, and Resources tests.

We're getting closer to the release and the integration builds should not
be used as a method of testing our code...any code that we submit we need
to be confident that it doesn't break anything. And the earlier that we
find bugs in our code so we can fix them, the better.

Thanks.

Back to the top