Re: [equinox-dev] Freezing today...

The only thing I can think of are the few modification that would be required to start the fwk from random URLs which might be necessary to have JNLP support.
The other that could be interesting to have is the capability in the adaptor to hook in the manifestLocalization (61280). This would allow us to do interesting stuffs for the loading of resourcebundles.
We may also consider an API to generate lightweight manifests for pde, if eclipse and wsad do not ship with manifest.mf (60903).

PaScaL

Jeff McAffer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/07/2004 09:53 AM

Please respond to
equinox-dev

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Freezing today...

No it is not a weather report.

Today is the fabled May 7th.  M9 of yore.  Even though M9 itself has been deferred for a couple weeks, we are doing a functional freeze today.  This means several things:

- all API should be solid.  "Some" work on the text for the API can be pending but there should be reasonable text for all API and we should believe in all the API.  Please let me know of any areas you think are lacking.

- any chunks of new function or new mechanisms should be in.  Please let me know immediately if this is not the case.

- all bug reports marked M9 should be completed today.  If they are bugs or polish items it is possible to defer them by marking as 3.0 as long as they are not major.  Please let me know about any major items which are not going to be done today.

I would like an explicit confirmation of status from each team member by lunch today.

Going forward (i.e., Monday on) please contact me about any new function or mechanism you are looking to put in place.  We should be entering the Polish, Problems and Performance mindset.  If there is new mechanisms/approaches which contribute to one or more of the Ps then it should be reviewed for risk/reward.  If it does not contribute to a P, move on to something else.

Thanks everyone for a terrific effort.  We have done an excellent job!

Jeff

Back to the top