[equinox-dev] Deprecated version-match constants to be removed

This note only concerns developers that use the org.osgi.framework.Constants interface.

All String constants related to the bundle manifest header attribute "version-match" have been deprecated in the org.osgi.framework.Constants interface.  The following Constants have been deprecated:

public final static String VERSION_MATCH_ATTRIBUTE = "version-match";
public final static String VERSION_MATCH_QUALIFIER = "qualifier";
public final static String VERSION_MATCH_MICRO = "micro";
public final static String VERSION_MATCH_MINOR = "minor";
public final static String VERSION_MATCH_MAJOR = "major";
public final static String VERSION_MATCH_GREATERTHANOREQUAL = "greaterthan-or-equal";

The only components I found that used these constants was PDE and Update.  Both have been updated to remove references to the deprecated constants.  I plan on removing the above constants for the nightly build on Friday.  Please ensure that you do not reference any of the deprecated constants to prevent compilation errors.

Thomas Watson

Back to the top