[equinox-dev] Plugin development

I am trying to get my plugin to work (again) under M8 and I am having
a hell of a time ... maybe someone can help.

My plugin needs the bundle context so I need a bundle activator. It
seems however that this never gets called, not even the constructor. I
created a new plugin project, checked the OSGi box and looked at it.
But as far as I can see, it never calls the activator automatically
either if a view is created. This standard plugin creates a plugin.xml
file.

Originally I had an extensions XML file instead of a plugin.xml file
(and a manifest of course). However, Eclipse seems to get totally
confused about the dependencies when there is no plugin.xml.

So can someone tell me how I should setup a plugin where the bundle
activator is called before an extension is created?

Kind regards,

   Peter Kriens

--
Peter Kriens                              Mob +46705950899
34 Place René Nelli                       Tel +33467871853

Back to the top