[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[equinox-dev] Re: formatting and compiler options
- From: Jeff McAffer <Jeff_McAffer@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:47:33 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that the organize imports info
below is incomplete. By default there are 4 package sort order groupings
defined in the Organize Import prefs. You should remove ALL of these.
We simply sort the imports alphabetically and do not insert spaces
04/12/2004 10:45 PM
|formatting and compiler
Attached are the official Core/Equinox
team formatter settings. The new formatter has alot more options
than the previous one so it is quite detailed to discover all the interactions.
If you find some code that is formatting strangely with these settings,
let me and/or DJ know. You can load the formatting options using
the Java formatting preference page.
The Organize imports settings are straightforward.
Just enter 3 for the number of imports needed for *
For compiler options, there is no set
set of settings (say that fast a few times!) but there are some settings
which are particularly interesting.
Window -> Preferences -> Java
-> Compiler ->
- Local variable hides field (including
- Field decl hides another field
- usage of non-externalized strings
Javadoc -> Process Javadoc comments
- Malformed Javadoc comments -> warning
- Report Errors in tags -> true
Description: Binary data