Re: [equinox-dev] Exceptions accessing preferences during shutdown

Do you think people may want to be automatically activated during creation of executable extensions but not on classloading? Why?

Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

16/03/2004 11:00 AM

Please respond to
equinox-dev

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] Exceptions accessing preferences during shutdown

Somehow I think we should keep it for people who do not necessary wants to use the auto-magic activation.

equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/16/2004 10:48:54 AM:

> Actually, we don't need to force bundle activation during creation
> of executable extensions. I think that code is from before we had
> auto-activation provided by the class loader.
>

> ----- Forwarded by Rafael Chaves/Ottawa/IBM on 16/03/2004 10:47 AM -----
>
> Rafael Chaves/Ottawa/IBM
> 16/03/2004 10:44 AM

> equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> cc

> Subject

> Re: [equinox-dev] Exceptions accessing preferences during shutdownLink

> I have been seeing this as well. Generally speaking, a plugin being
> shutdown should not cause others to be started, because it defeats
> the purpose of shutting down plugins.
>
> In this case, it seems the resources plugin is causing itself to be
> re-activated. ConfigurationElement#createExecutableExtension will
> try to start the bundle that provided the executable extension class
> unless its state is ACTIVE | STARTING. Maybe we should extend that
> test to not try to start the bundle when it is STOPPING too.
>
> It seems the resources plugin is creating
>

> John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
> Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 15/03/2004 07:03 PM
>
> Please respond to
> equinox-dev

> equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> cc

> Subject

> [equinox-dev] Exceptions accessing preferences during shutdown

> I'm seeing these exceptions in my runtime workbench log.  It looks
> like you can't create executable extensions during a bundle
> shutdown? If so, is this a reasonable limitation for the runtime to impose?
>

> org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Bundle state change in progress
> at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
> at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
> at org.osgi.framework.BundleException.<init>(BundleException.java:68)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Bundle.
> beginStateChange(Bundle.java:1228)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Bundle.start(Bundle.java:333)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.
> createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:133)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.
> createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:125)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.
> createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:114)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferencesService.
> createNode(PreferencesService.java:75)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.RootPreferences.
> node(RootPreferences.java:105)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.
> node(EclipsePreferences.java:533)
> at org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin.
> shutdown(ResourcesPlugin.java:299)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.compatibility.PluginActivator.
> stop(PluginActivator.java:66)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContext$2.
> run(BundleContext.java:1028)
> [...]

Back to the top