Re: [equinox-dev] uninstalling plugins

Absolutely.  We are working hard to get as many of the Eclipse plugins as dynamic aware as possible.  The runtime currently is fully aware (actually there is one bug) and progress is being made on others.

Jeff

Peter Manahan/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/11/2004 12:33 PM

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] uninstalling plugins

Just want to confirm that the facilities for dynamic removal/updates will be there but that the UI can't use them.  If we have our own plugins/features that don't contribute to the UI then the dynamic update/removal will be supported for those? The use case is an  RCP application that has some non-ui plugins I'd like to be able to update the non-ui plugins without a restart. I am using the update manager api's to apply the updates.

Thanks,

-----------------------------------
Peter Manahan
IBM Rational Tools
Common Install
------------------------------------
manahan@xxxxxxxxxx

Jeff McAffer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/02/2004 08:44 AM

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] uninstalling plugins

It is not quite as bad as it seems.  The main usecase we have seen for dynamic plugins is dynamic addition.  This is/will be handled correctly.  The dynamic removal/update cases are very real but somewhat more rare.  We fully intend to do that but it will likely not make into the UI for 3.0.

Jeff

Peter Kriens <Peter.Kriens@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/11/2004 02:11 AM

Please respond to
pkriens

Jeff McAffer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
cc
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] uninstalling plugins

Ai! I knew it was going to be hard, but it kind of pulls the rug out
of the dynamic plugins ...

I hope this will be supported in future releases?

Kind regards,

  Peter Kriens

--
Peter Kriens                              Mob. +46705950899
34 Place RenĂ© Nelli                       Tel. +33467871853