[equinox-dev] Fw: framework shutdown and bundle listeners

I just noticed that the part I omitted in step 2 says:

"(..) If the Framework implements the
optional Start Level specification, this behavior is different. See Start
Level Service Specification on page 137."

And we are planning to require the start level service to be present for running Eclipse on top of OSGi.

According to the service level service, shuting down the framework means to set the active start level to 0, thus stopping all active bundles by start level order.

However, my question regarding asynchronous bundle listeners remains valid: will asynchronous bundle listeners have a chance to be called before step 3 disables event dispatching? Is this implementation-dependent?

Thanks in advance,

Rafael

----- Forwarded by Rafael Chaves/Ottawa/IBM on 07/08/2003 12:13 PM -----
Rafael Chaves