Re: [equinox-dev] Updates on registry resolution

Keith,

I understand your motivation when you said that "no currently resolved plugins go unresolved" but I think this behaviour may not be desired by everybody. I think the algorithm must not try to be clever, because it will never satisfy all the cases.

In order to avoid the "resolved / unresolved" by surprise, we are thinking of providing a way to do a "two phase install" :
        1) you will install, uninstall etc... plugins and you will be able to query the system to know what are the results of these operations
        2) once you are happy with the results you simply "commit" the operations you've done so they really take effect.

Note that the first phase does not affect the running system.

        PaScaL

Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/28/2003 09:13 AM