[equinox-dev] Updates on registry resolution

Hi,

I'm moving this thread to the public knowledge.

        PaScaL

----- Forwarded by Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM on 05/28/2003 09:12 AM -----
Keith Kimball@IRIS

05/27/2003 04:46 PM

        To:        Rafael Chaves/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA@IBMUS
        cc:        Jeff McAffer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA, Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
        Subject:        Re: more updates on registry resolutionLink

I'm impressed that you're making such good progress!!!

I didn't understand your comment regarding changing back to original intent - do library plug-ins currently not get resolved if they have their prerequisites satisfied? Does this only happen when the library is not required by other plugins?

I'm really looking forward to seeing your code.

What have you do with the extension/extension point resolver?

What are your thoughts regarding permitting/disallowing the enablement/disablement of plugins? We should discuss this with Jeff et al but my thoughts are that we should we refactor the resolver so that we can run it w/o effecting a running register (this is not too hard with the current resolver).

Consider enable(plugin-list). My thoughts are that this should only be allowed if