Re: [epp-dev] EPP 2021-12 M1

+1 for JEE on Windows 10 x86_64

Windows 10 aarch64, now that would be an interesting test.

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 10:08 PM Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Our next milestone build is available for testing: EPP 2021-12 M1

There are a range of issues / things to note in M1:

- 2021-12 M1 contains macOS AArch64 packages. See Bug 575680.
- The macOS AArch64 packages do not include a JRE, but do contain some of the common components of JustJ as it was easier to build that way and the assumption is that JustJ for macOS AArch64 will arrive in good time. See Bug 575691
- The EPP is bundled with Java 16 still, I expect the final release will include Java 17 when JustJ is able to produce it. (No bug report AFAIK, but probably tags along Bug 575691)
- Upgrades fail when going from from 2021-09 to 2021-12 M1 fail for me on Windows. See Bug 576506
- Parts of Oomph do not work in M1 and Oomph generates potentially lots of log entries for "NoSuchMethodError" See Bug 576503
- No problem with mac notarization while preparing M1 - just thought I would include this here (end on a positive!) especially as including the mac AArch64 means twice as many notarizations need to be done!

I have been following the steps on https://hackmd.io/@jonahgraham/eclipse-epp-release-process - you can see the checkmarks as to what is done.

EPP was built with the p2 repositories at:

https://download.eclipse.org/staging/2021-12 and
https://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/packages/2021-12/202110071200/

Please test and send your +1 to this mailing list. +1s are optional as the package will be published anyway.

Thank you for testing!

Regards,
Jonah
~~~